Friday, November 9

Oh, yeah, baby! I have not only caught up, but I am now ahead, which is good, as I'll have to stop two days early to go to Nevada to work the lovely graveyard shift maniacally wrapping gifts like some psychotic elf on speed. Got 2,818 words done today, which brings my word count 14,385. I'm still not sure how this story will end up, although it's flowing much better now that I've placed it on the kibbutz, and I'm actually enjoying myself. To help me set the mood, I have a photo of my kibbutz sitting underneath my computer screen, and I'm now writing with my Walkman on, listening to the tapes of pub music I made while I was there. And while the novel is settling in, it's making me miss travel. But who knows--maybe someday Adam and I will make aliyah. I can still ask in Hebrew where the bus is or for someone to hand me the milk. That should be good enough, lo?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home