Monday, November 25

Yeah, Crimson!

Hello, dahlings. How are you all? Jenny was too busy to blog for you--claims to be working on a novel or something; mentioned something about hitting 48,099 words--so she's asked me, her alter ego, Jennifer, Hah-vahd wife extraordinaire, to step in for her. Really, I think it's simply inhospitable for her to not take care of her guests, but then Jenny has so much more CWIT training to go. [What was that? Jenny, I don't care if CWIT training is redundant. Are you going to let me handle the blog today or not?] Anyway, I am delighted to be here to tell you about our wonderfully Hah-vahd-filled weekend. Always a pleasure.

We began the weekend with some fun-filled drinking games at HBS! I say, there's nothing more bonding then spewing beer everywhere as you pound back a cold one! Such team spirit! Robopounding--a game involving quarters--was deemed too challenging for such a group, so another game was chosen. Section A (Rah, rah Section A!) lined up on one side of a table and Section B (boo!) on the other. Each person was given a plastic cup of beer. The first person at the end of the table had to drink his beer and then flip his cup upside down. Once the cup was flipped properly, the next person could drink. Not an easy feat, I assure you! I know, because I was pressed into service during the first round when they needed more women, and as you, dear reader, know, I am always so happy to help out my dahling husband's Hah-vahd pals. Of course, Jenny reared her ugly little head and snapped at the well meaning boy who, unknowingly, called her Mrs. Medros. I don't know why she gets so uptight about that. As if Brown was such a superior name that she just had to keep it. Good heavens. More training, please. The highlight of this event, of course, was a proud moment for myself. My own sweet, dahling husband was the lynchpin of success for the team. As the anchor, he downed his beer gracefully and flipped his cup with ease. Section A chanted, “Tech Rep, Tech Rep,” and lifted Adam to their shoulders. I was able to get a good view of this while Jenny was busy pretending to be there with someone else.

We then had dinner with my friends. I'm sure a civilized lobster dinner at the home of friend would in no way interest you, so I shall merely say it was a lovely event, and Kara is a gracious host.

The end of the evening involved a trip to a lovely night spot, The Middle East, which had me thinking longingly of my days as a drunken New Yorker. I personally tried to recapture my youth by drinking copious amounts of alcohol. Oh, how I wanted to fit in. I enviously watched all the HBSers. They are not just reliving their younger days; these are their younger days. Sigh.

The next morning, my darling husband and I made our way to the HBS tailgate party. Once again Jenny surfaced as she scarfed down whatever food was available--rubbery hamburgers, mayonnaisey potato salad and cold slaw, and a Bud Lite--mumbling something about hair of the dog. As we walked over the game--the BIG game you know: Harvard vs. Yale--I was delighted by the showing of Crimson spirit. Those Hah-vahd kids are just so smart. My particular favorite was a dahling sign some students must have hung that read, “Yale: The World's Best Safty School.” [But dahling, that is how they spelled it. And it must be correct because these are the world's best and brightest]. Anyhoos, the game was simply mahvelous, well, that first quarter that I saw. Snuggled up in my big jacket, drinking the free hot chocolate HBS provided (wasn't that so sweet of them? How many other schools are considerate enough to provide free hot--well, lukewarm--chocolate with their $30,000 tuitions?), it was still quite chilly! So I did the only thing any respectable CWIT would do! I left to buy my dress for Holidazzle, the HBS winter formal. Oh, what joy that was! Nothing I like better than buying clothes. Ah, well, I see it's almost time to start making my sweetie's dinner. You know, a good CWIT always has the house clean and an extravagant dinner ready for when her Hah-vahd husband comes home, and it's never too early in the day to start preparing! Until Jenny lets me write again, ta-ta!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home