Wednesday, January 21

Guest Blogging

Since Adam is so erratic in updating his blog, I suggested that he let me guest blog for him when he's too busy to write. That idea didn't go over real well. So, my next thought was I'd blog here as Adam, to let everyone know what he's thinking and what he's up to. Except, well, he spends much of his evenings downstairs doing school work in his office, so I'm not sure what he's thinking and I assume he's doing problem sets and reading case studies, but since I'm trapped on the living room chair beneath a sleeping Doodlebug, I can't be sure.

Maybe I should write about the Red Sox, I thought. Only, of course, I don't really know anything about the Red Sox. So I figured I do what Adam does: visit the Sons of Sam Horn board and find some original thought about the Sox that I could pass off as my own (ethical? no. But possibly entertaining). (Okay, I realize that was a poorly constructed sentence that implies that Adam passes off others' baseball ideas as his own. He does not do that. What he does is he visits the board frequently. However, he is an MBA and occasionally has poorly constructed sentences in his blog, so I'm going to let it stand.) Okay, I peruse SoSH. And I study the topics. Looking for something semi-intelligent to say. Something... baseball related. But what do I find? Threads on "The Official American Idol Season III Thread" and "Trading Places ending..." and "Best 'Hair Band' song." Hello? Where's the baseball? Is the board run by a bunch of tween girls?

I can mention what little I know of his semester. He's taking one class that's really hard, and it has hours of problem sets each night. He has another class that meets at 8:30 a.m. Oh, and he's working on a negotiation. Which means he has a BATNA. Which is no relation to BAFTA.

Other things that have been going on his life: he occasionally leaves the house with streaks of spit-up on his back. Before the semester started, instead of reading cases, he read Bringing Down the House: The Inside Story of Six M.I.T. Students Who Took Vegas for Millions, which he loved. He's sworn off TV, except for his secret, guilty favorite, The O.C.. And he can still be suckered into making the hot fudge sundaes.

I think I'm starting to understand why he didn't want me blogging for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home