Wednesday, February 11

Makes Me Want to Drink R.C.

I think Coke and Pepsi are in competition on who has the most obnoxious ads. The Pepsi one bothers me on a "how can you defame a musical icon" level while the Coke one is just downright offensive. The Pepsi ad (called "Crossroads") I refer to is the young Jimi Hendrix trying to decide between buying a drink from a Pepsi machine, which is by a guitar store, and a Coke machine, which is by an accordion store. Did the Hendrix estate have to give permission for this? How can they have sold Jimi out like that? And the Coke one (it's not yet posted on their site) has Penelope Cruz bingeing on food and Coke in a restaurant kitchen. She comes out to a waiting table of people and turns down a tiny plate of food because she's watching what she eats. I'm sorry, are we back on Tara? I can't at all figure out the message they are trying to send here. Are they trying to promote bulemia? Am I the only one who is infuriated by these ads?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home