Wednesday, February 27

Pie Tricks

Adam is in London at the moment, which means the kids get extra TV, extra sweets, and they get to sleep in my bed. Hey, anything to stay on their good side! It wasn't my best night, although Doodles was such an amazingly helpful kid yesterday. Let me get work done. Helped out with his sister. But I did all sorts of brilliant things like put my pizza in the oven... and set the timer for 350. Couldn't figure out why the oven wasn't heating up.

So Pie went to bed last night, eventually, smack dab in the middle of the bed, "Don't touch my pillow!" wearing her Dora pajamas, her Dora slippers, her fleece vest, her thick sweater, Doodles's mittens (they were dry and hers were wet), clutching "Hippo the Patamus" and not one but two board books. It was a cozy night.

Of course this was only after the afternoon when I went to retrieve her from her swim class, and she looked up at me with such disdain and ordered, "Go away, Mommy! Go away."

If only I could, Pie. I only I could.

Only three more nights till Adam was back. Which wouldn't be quite so bad except that he hasn't taught Doodles how to make coffee yet. Caffeine!!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home