Thursday, October 30

A Happy World He Lives In

I noticed a bunch of kids wearing "I voted" stickers today at kindergarten pick up today.

Me: Did you vote, Doodles?
Doodles: Yes!
Me: You didn't get a sticker?
Doodles: I put it on my notebook.
Me: Ah. Is it a secret or will you tell me who you voted for?
Doodles: I'll tell you.
Me: Who did you vote for?
Doodles: John McCain.
Me: And how did you decide on him?
Doodles: I liked what he promised.
Me: What did he promise?
Doodles: He promised to pay for college.
Me: Ah.
Doodles: But my guy didn't win.
Me: No?
Doodles: Barack Obama won.
Me: Oh.
Doodles: When they announced the winner, I said, "Awwww," because my guy didn't win.
Me: You must be disappointed.
Pie: You voted for John McCain?
Doodles: Yes. And when he's president, he's going to keep his promise, because presidents always keep promises.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I know some adults who don't know any better either.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Yury Kats said...

My brother in law, who tutors kids in math, overheard two of his 8 (eight!) year old pupils discussing why Hillary would not be a good candidate, how Bill would be running the country and "well, do you remember how bad it was when he was the president".

10:19 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Chip convinced Connor to switch candidates by explaining, "If Obama gets elected, he'll raise our taxes and that means we can't buy as many videogames." Connor was quick to jump aboard the McCain bandwagon.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home