Monday, January 12

Apropos of Nothing

My son, tonight, when he had the opportunity to choose any show to watch tonight, requested "a wedding show."

And right now I'm selecting lighting fixtures and color and it turns out that Adam and I totally agree on the former and not at all on the latter. This should be fun, except that I'm just not a stylish person and I find the process painful and stressful. I want to hire a designer to help us, only the first one we priced gave us a quote that was higher than our entire furniture budget. So we may be on our own here except for the kindness of friends with good taste.

But I'm still giving my Martha side a go. The kids and I tonight made homemade tortillas for dinner. Do you have any idea how easy it is to make homemade tortillas? It's so ridiculously simple I can't believe how much I wasted on these mondo packs of tortillas only to toss them out when the family ate 2 1/2 out of 12. We made six--and they're all gone.

Apropos of nothing, I love Carol Kane. We don't see enough Carol Kane. And if you know why I said that, then you're watching what I'm watching, so you can't judge me.

And continuing this randomness, I hate winter marathon training. I have dreams of the Goofy Challenge, but it's another January marathon and I'm so sick of running on ice and snow. I can't wait for this marathon to be over so I can be a lazy ass again.

Did I mention that I hate color? I do. I think our new house will be all black and white. Just so I don't have to pick any colors.

Doodles turned down a concert at the library because he's just not into music. And he's grown out of our yearly SteveSongs concert, which is too bad--he's going anyway. He hates babysitters even more than he hates music.

Bed. I need bed. I'm scared of bed, though. Because I dream in color. But all the wrong colors.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger nInA said...

I don't buy your "lazy-ass" after this marathon talk, you'll be back to training within a week. Couldn't you hire a designer just for the color, I swear I saw some recs on the arlington parenting list. If you have the color scheme of the place picked out that should make the rest a bit easier.
Good luck and happy dreams, in color they are still more fun. Sometimes (rare though) I dream in words and in a completely unfamiliar language and I swear I make sence then:)

10:00 PM  
Blogger Daniella said...

I know you think you're not a stylish person, but you are. I was at your wedding, remember? Your wedding oozed taste. It was very stylish and classy (I hate that word). That being said, if you want some help with color, I am at your service. I have an eye for color schemes.

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home