Monday, December 28

The Miami Effect

I like to think of myself as a hardcore runner, but it turns out I'm pretty half-assed about it, because when it comes right down to it, I'm going to pick that second martini over a longer run the next morning. I call it "The Miami Effect."

Other manifestations of the Miami Effect? The ability to consume twice my weight in food, multiple times a day. The willingness to ditch my children at a second's notice on the Nana and the Peter to go out with grown-ups. Willingness to spend a small fortune pampering myself and my children, with spa days and ice cream. Total hedonism. The Miami Effect.

Last night first I had a surprise grown-up dinner. T. Rex and Pad were playing with my kids, and we were trying to figure out what we adults should do. Peter said, "I can watch T. Rex and Pad with Doodles and Pie." You've never seen adults leave a place so fast. We were afraid he'd realize what he said and change his mind. After a lovely dinner, I headed to a bar to meet up with other friends. I opened a tab. Let's examine those sentences. I was at a bar. And I had multiple drinks. And what do two drinks do to me? I left my credit card there. Retrieved it today.

And now I'm getting ready for another grown-up night out. Tonight is the annual night of the sushi boat. I love the night of the sushi boat. And my father is being a right pain in the butt tonight, and Peter, that was a well-deserved remark, because you know what you just said to me, so don't even act all offended now.

Sushi boat will make things all better. That's the Miami Effect.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

I don't offend easily, especially when the slight comes from you.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Peter, the least you could do if you're going to comment is sign out from my account and sign in from your own.

11:13 PM  
Blogger nInA said...

This is pure pleasure to read. Love it when people do pampering wholeheartedly, having deserved it and completely enjoying it :)

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home