Friday, December 28

Since I'm taking Monday off, this is officially my last day on the DVD & Video team (good-bye free DVDs!). Very odd feeling. The intranet already shows my new title, and I'm feeling neither here nor there at the moment. Occurred to me yesterday that out of everyone who launched DVD & Video, there's only one person still on the team (and that's not just editorial, either). I'll have a few loose ends to tie up next week, but I'm hoping to start sitting in my new office on Wednesday, to remove myself. I hear things going on in DVD & Video, and I want to put in my two cents, but I realize that there are things going on that folks will have to deal with without me. I'm feeling a little angsty about starting my new job--I have no idea what I've gotten myself into. This place has changed so much in the past 3 3/4 years (although who's counting?).

On a happier note, our house no longer smells like oil. Our bright and shiny new furnace is heating the whole house happily. And how do I love our new programmable thermostat (Peter said to me, "If you're moving, why do you want to bother with a programmable thermostat?" Obviously someone has lived too long in a warm weather state). I remember when an exciting splurge used to be dinner at a new restaurant. Now it's a programmable thermostat.

I'm so looking forward to a nice quiet four-day weekend (my first in an age, since I worked the day after Thanksgiving and the day before Christmas. Retail sucks). I want to do nothing but read and relax and catch a couple of flicks. Try to be less tense (or as Peter says, "Just be past tense").

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home