Tuesday, December 11

LAST FRIGGING NIGHT!!! As Sarah says, "It's so sad. Minus sad."

Don't drink and dude. Anyone who has spoken with me in the past 24 hours understands this statement (sorry, Adam).

Four and half hours of sleep simply is not enough for me. I knew I was in trouble when full-out daylight hit.

At least I'm not as bad off as Jayson. I was headed back to my room after I had picked up my lunch because I had forgotten my club card, and I ran into Jayson who was walking toward his room with one of the Amazon beach towels (this years gift) on his head. I said (what else?), "Dude, what's that on your forehead?" He pulled the towel down, and across his forehead was written "Elvis Lives" in permanent marker (Jayson's been wearing his Elvis glasses a lot). He said he had fallen asleep in the hospitality and woken up ten minutes before (it was 4 p.m.). He went up to his room and realized he didn't have a key. So he went back, grabbed a towel to cover his head, and went to the front desk for a new key. Funny thing was I had just been in the room to get my Diet Coke and return the many beach towels Scott had given me the night before (oops, that morning), and I hadn't even noticed him. When tonight starts to drag, I'll think of Jayson and just start laughing all over again.

Did really well at the tables last night. I was down to about eight bucks, so I threw it all on the table and hit blackjack. Then, later, I was ready to leave. Didn't know how much I had but I threw it all down and hit blackjack again! When I went to cash out my chips from the trip, I got back just over $65, which puts me pretty even for my own bets (actually, a little ahead). I'm leaving with almost half my per diem still in my pocket, thanks to John Ascuaga. Plus I had $18 on my club card, so breakfast for two of us was free today.

No more fried food. No more cheese. No more iceberg lettuce. No more canned green beans passing as a real vegetable. No more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home