Sunday, November 3

Clapping for Jesus

Kara had a friend in town so I went with them and one of her other friends to the House of Blues this morning for the Gospel Brunch. It was one of those things where you had to go in with the right frame of mind. The cheese factor was extreme and had I not been totally game, it could have been horrible. But, that said, I had an absolutely amazing time, and I'd definitely go again. The food was fine--I don't think anyone's going for the food. The greens were made sweet, which I'm not a fan off. Good collard greens with vinegar. Mmmm. I think I could live off that. But the prime rib was yummy and there were lots of breakfast options as well (although folks that know me know that I'm really not a breakfast-food kind of person). The highlight, of course, was the singers. The Spiritual Soul Sisters. Wow. Talk about energy. They sang and danced and had us singing and dancing ("gospel aerobics," they called it), and when they told me to clap for Jesus, well, this good Jewish girl clapped right along with the rest of the crowd. The whole event made me long for my Jazz Fest trip to New Orleans, where I always spend lots of time in the Gospel Tent. Praise the Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home