Thursday, May 29

Almost Another Rant About Boston Drivers

So I had every intention of ranting about something that I saw today. I was going to rant about how, when I was walking from one end of campus to another, there was a car that was stopped at a red arrow light in a turning lane. This poor sucker (who is usually me) was waiting for the light to dutifully change, when the line of cars behind him begins to honk. And you can see the sucker wavering. He inches up a little. And then stops. Because he doesn't want to run a red light. But peer pressure is a terrible thing and those cars just won't stop honking and you can see the driver stressing, "Do I run the red? Or do I hold my lawful ground and deal with these honking morons." Today, the guy in question inched and stopped and inched and stopped and ultimately ran the light. But I was rooting for him to stand his ground. My temptation is always to get out of the car and yell to the drivers behind me, "Do you see the f'ing red arrow? Well, do ya? Because it means I can't go!" But I have yet to have the courage.

That was the intended rant. But then I went to look up the law to prove my rant. And get this! I'm wrong! (Make note of that: you may never hear those words coming from my mouth--or my keyboard, as the case may be--again.) Apparently, you can make a right on red even on a red arrow! Now all I can do is curse all that time I wasted waiting for the light to change.

(On a side note, I'm famous for being critical of everyone else's unsafe driving, especially Adam's. Turns out, Adam has been driving strictly by the Massachusett's Driving Rules [especially rules 3 and 7; I'm afraid I may have broken him of rule 2, for which I apologize]. Who knew what a native he really is?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home