Wednesday, October 29

We've Secretly Replaced the Baby in This Fine House with Folgers Crystals

This is day two of the Pod Baby. I'm not sure what planet he came from or what they've done with the real Doodlebug, but I'm loving every second of this alien child. Yesterday, friends (one grown-up and one baby) came over to hang out. We decided to bake cookies (yes, it's true! I've embraced suburban haus-frauism in its entirety) and watch a movie. I put the Doodlebug in his bouncy chair, which is always a risky endeavor because it's a love/hate thing between the baby and the chair, and he sat quietly and alert for over two hours! He smiled, he cooed, he just stared into space. Today, I wanted to get some writing done, so I crossed my fingers and put the Doodlebug in the bouncy chair in my office. Once again, he just sat and looked around. When he looked like he might fuss, I rocked his chair with my foot, and he'd immediately calm down. I not only got to make a cup of tea... I got to drink it! I finished revising a story I'd been working on. I read a few e-mails (but didn't respond--that will happen one of these days). I picked up a few things around the house. He did get a little fussy, but calmed when I picked him up. After his feeding, more fussiness ensued. So I put him in his Pack N Play. And amazingly, he got smiley and quite, batting a bit at the mobile, staring some at his crib toy, and when he'd had enough of that, he turned his head and stared at the gray wall of the crib. And now? Now he is happily asleep. It's a Pod Baby! I hope he stays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home