Wednesday, February 18

If the Object Won't Come to the Mouth, the Mouth Will Come to the Object

I remember in our birthing class seeing a video of babies who were putting their mouths on everything--the table, cords, toys, you name it. I couldn't imagine having a baby old enough to do that. And now Doodles is there. Only instead of bringing things to his mouth, he tends to bring his mouth to whatever he wants to suck. If I happen to be holding him, he leans way forward to mouth the ottoman or the remote or whatever. His butt hangs in the air for as long as I can hold onto his waist and then he wiggles until he collapses onto my lap in a heap. If he's sitting, instead of bringing the toy to him, he just forces himself over, which causes him to flop forward onto the toy where he can angle it into his mouth (but then he realizes he's on his stomach, which he hates, so he starts to scream. I put him back into a sitting position, and the whole thing starts again). Not the smartest move. However I think he has some intellectual aspirations--this past weekend he ate the New York Times Magazine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home