Wednesday, September 29

This Is Progress? Part 2

Remember when I said I offer Doodles everything I eat? He always turned down everything. So I just kept offering. Well, it finally back fired. He finally accepted something from me. I held it out to him, and he grabbed it.

"Yikes!" I said as he popped it in his mouth and then looked to me for more. Wanting to know if it were just a fluke or not, I handed him another. He popped it in his mouth and chewed.

"What did you do?" Adam called from the next room.

"Good news!" I said with false cheer. "I found something new Doodles will eat!"

"It's not Peeps, is it?" Adam asked worried.

"No, no, of course not!" I reassured him. "I'd never feed him Peeps!" Because let's face it--what kind of dilemma would that be when I have just one box of Peeps left and my child wants one? How does one choose between the happiness of her child and the last twelve Peeps?

"Then what is he eating?" Adam pokes his head out to check on us.

"Uh, well"--Doodles looks to me for more; I hand him another--"he seems to like candy corn!"

Doodles gives Adam a big grin.

Adam goes back to what he's doing, but only after giving me a concerned look. "Could you please not feed our child any more candy corn?"

Point taken.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home