Wednesday, January 12

Managing the News

The news is, of course, depressing. Adam has been hit especially hard about the terrible events on the other side of the world. And while I find myself saddened, it's the more horrifying events closer to home that paralyze me. Acts of nature frighten me and worry me and make me ache for all those people, especially the children. But living in the Boston area, the local news is so shocking, I can't even begin to comment. So many murders and maimings and just, what seem to me, to be random acts of violence.

But today, today I read the story that has forced me to say, once again, I cannot read the newspaper. Not the local one, anyway. This story (which will be archived soon but the headline says it all) just sickens and scares me like nothing else. I don't want to bury my head in the sand, but I'm not sure what else I can do!

1 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

I must confess I have been avoiding the news too.

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home