Wednesday, March 5

From the Are You Trying to Kill Me? Department

Pie loves to "draw." Coloring, writing, whatever. Loves it. But I'm not crazy about her walking all over the house with open markers, so I generally confiscate them quickly when she's done, which doesn't go over so well. Luckily, she's into her Color Wonder markers, so we've found a happy medium as she can keep her own markers. But this causes other problems.

Pie: Mommy, I want to color.
Me: Okay.
Pie: Where my markers?
Me: I don't know. Where did you leave them?
Pie runs off. Comes back.
Pie: I can't find markers.
Me: Did you look in the playroom?
Pie: Not in playroom.
Me: Are you sure? Did you check your backpack?
Pie: Yes. Not in backpack.
Me: Are you sure? Your markers usually end up in your backpack.
Pie: THEY ARE NOT IN BACKPACK!!
Me: Okay, okay. It's just they're usually in your backpack.
Pie: NO! Can't find markers!!
Me: Well look again. I can help you search for them in a minute.
Pie: NO, NOW! I CAN'T FIND MARKERS! I NEED MARKERS!
Full-blown meltdown ensures. A good ten minutes of screaming, with me reminding her, "You get nothing when you have a temper tantrum" and her insisting, "I need markers!" Finally, I walk away and eventually she calms down on her own. Three minutes after that, she bounds cheerfully back into the living room.
Pie: Mommy, I found my markers!
Me: That's great, Pie Pie! Where were they?
Pie [with grin only Pie can deliver]: In my backpack.
Oh. Dear. Lord. That's 2 1/2. What am I going to get at 12?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home