Monday, August 11

The M&M Loop

I just had one of those bizarre circular conversations with my daughter. As I mentioned previously, I bought a bag of M&Ms to keep handy for when Jasmine comes over. However, her mother mentioned to me that they're phasing out the M&Ms at home, and I had a rough weekend, so I figured, What the hell? and I ate Jasmine's M&Ms.

Fast forward to today. Jasmine is over for a playdate.

Pie: Mommy, I want to go potty so I can get an M&M.
Me: You don't get an M&M when you go potty!
Pie: I do! When I have a guest over, I get an M&M.
Me: No, no, no. That was only when Jasmine was training. She's potty trained! No more M&Ms!
Pie: I want an M&M!
Me: We don't have any M&Ms!
Pie: Yes we do!
Me: No, we don't. There are no M&Ms anywhere in this house [and believe me, I've looked in my weaker moments].
Pie: I need an M&M!!
Me: We don't have any M&Ms! When you get off the potty, I can show you.
Pie: No. Show me now. Bring them here and show me.
Me: But we don't have any for me to bring. There's nothing for me to bring.
Pie: Yes there is! Bring me the M&Ms to show me that we don't have any!

After a few more rounds of this, I take her to the kitchen and open the cabinet.
Me: See?
Pie, shocked: Mommy! There are no M&Ms!

Riiiight. There are no M&Ms. Although come to think of it, I could really use some myself right about now.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home