Saturday, June 6

Get Out Much Lately?

Tomorrow Doodles and Adam are going to a Red Sox game, so Pie and I are having a Mommy-Daughter day (Pie was given the option of a Red Sox game or lunch with me, and she chose lunch with me). In the morning, the two of us are going together to do some volunteer work. But after, we can do whatever we like.

Me: I've been thinking about our day tomorrow. I have two choices that I think you might like: We could have lunch in Harvard Square and then watch the Dragon Boat Races on the Charles or we could go to the art museum. We could have lunch in the cafe there.
Pie: Dragon boats like on Kai-Lan?
Me: Um, not sure. Maybe.
Pie: I want to go to the art museum!
Me: That sounds great! We'll do that.
Pie [in a confused tone]: So, are we going to New York tomorrow?
Me: No. We won't go to New York till school gets out for the year.
Pie: But you said we could go to the art museum tomorrow!

It takes me a minute, but then I get it.

Me: No, Pie. Did you know that there are actually art museums in Boston?
Pie: There are?!?

Oops. Somehow, it's always seemed easier to hop in the car for a 3 1/2 hour drive to NYC to go to the Met than it's been to hop a T into town. Do you think maybe it's time for me to start exploring my own city with the kids? At the rate we're going, they're going to think that Boston is a suburb of New York. Well, a suburb with a superior baseball team. At least, according to their father.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home