Monday, January 7

The wedding show was a tad overwhelming. Adam and I still need a florist and ceremony music, to start. I refused to stop at any florist who had an ice sculpture displayed. Spoke with a few videographers, and for the most part was completely grossed out. 85% of them were these sleazy things who had these horrible videos that started with the "photo montage" of the couple. If I want to look at photos, I don't need a video. I also don't want cheesy music playing over anything. I'm thinking we may skip the video. I asked one guy about an in-camera edit, and he looked at me like I was a total idiot. Yes, I know what it is, and yes, I don't care if there are jump cuts. It's better than fades and spirals and "highlights" from the day. If I have the video, why do I also need to see the highlights? Anyway, lots of gushing people. I spoke with wedding coordinators about just day-of coordinating, and only one of the five I spoke with had ever done a Jewish wedding. No point in hiring someone who is going to have to ask more questions than they can answer. Again, I think we'll stick with the no coordinator thing. Pam tried on a dress and I was looking at veils and Sandra and Julie P. were our pack mules, carrying our massive bags o' brochures. After trying on a bunch of $120 veils, I came home and ordered one on e-Bay. No need to be ridiculous about a piece of gauze that will be over my face for all of 20 minutes. Sandra "volunteered" to make the ring bearer's pillow (thanks, Sandra!!). I think I'm on about a zillion mailing lists now, but maybe I'll have ceremony music and a florist locked down in a week or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home