Tuesday, February 5

Now he's anxious and waking up at 4 a.m.? Not while he was waiting for the response, but now that he's actually been admitted to Sloan and we're going to be moving to Boston. He's very jumpy today, but excited too. He's already withdrawn his applications from Stern and Columbia. I'm going to tell my manager today in our one-on-one before she can hear from anyone else. We had a great dinner at Canlis last night. The table was right by the window overlooking the ship canal, and I had oysters and prawns and he had crab cakes and filet mignon. Mmmmm. It's our last meal out until he graduates from Sloan.

I've got to be on the ball today. Yesterday was a bit of a waste. Adam let me know about 10 a.m. yesterday that people were posting on the Business Week boards that rejections were starting to be e-mailed ("dings" they call it). How tacky is that? Isn't that like breaking up with someone over e-mail? Harsh. Anyway, at that point I became somewhat compulsive about checking the boards. Ding, ding, ding and all to people who had better GPAs and GMATs than Adam. Adam had a meeting from 1 to 4, so he sent me his Yahoo login so I could check his e-mail. Yeah, that was condusive to getting work done! So I'm checking his boards, I'm checking his e-mail, I'm back at the boards. Then at about 1ish our time, the waitlist e-mails start. I'm tracking the board pretty closely. When the e-mail finally showed in his in-box I was a little nervous, as no one had posted an acceptance, although the waitlist e-mails seemed to have stopped. Just after reading his acceptance, I checked the board and sure enough people were starting to post that they had gotten in. I called my father, who was way more excited than Adam, I think, and I forwarded him the e-mail to make sure I had read it right. Then I called Adam (isn't it nice that he was actually the third to know that he got in?). It hadn't occurred to me that he would have brought his cell phone to the meeting, but sure enough, he had (if I had known, I would have called him first--Peter convinced me to try him). He was very subdued, because he was at the office, but after work, he was pretty hyper.

Now, all we've got to do is sell the house, find a new one, find me a job, get some real winter clothes. I hate driving in the rain! How am I ever going to drive in the snow? We may trade in my car for a Volvo. I need something safe. School starts August 19. And I will not be joining the Spouses of Sloan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home