Wednesday, January 23

The wedding machine is taking on a life of it's own. The quote for today is "You're not doing anything stupid like taking phen phen are you?" but I shall be so kind as to refrain from mentioning who said it. Things accomplished: Adam got copies of the photos sent to us by his parents and my parents to display on the guest book table; the "chuppa duppa do" arrived today (but shall remain unopened, as I'm sure that will make transporting it easier); most of the bridal party gifts arrived today (the order was a little short--I'm sure the rest will appear soon); the wine glass for stamping on arrived today (we decided to splurge on a pretty blue one as we will use the shards in a mezzuah we also bought); we made a date for the tasting for the wedding meal and checked on how much it would be for me to stay in the hotel the night before; I ordered new wedding undies (since the others didn't work out--went for the slightly pricier but way prettier ones); Adam ordered a birth certificate so he could get his passport; got stamps for the reply cards; picked up maps for the guest bags; and gathered most of our addresses for invites. Whew! And it was a full day at work!

Speaking of work, lots of fuss over the fact that we're finally in the money. I chose not to be one of the people who went in at 5:30 a.m. for champagne and breakfast to listen to the analysts call, although I did partake in the 5:30 p.m. champagne toast. It was nice but there was a distinct lack of old-timers there, which made it somewhat bittersweet. And Bezos had to ruin it all for me by uttering those words (on a speaker phone from New York) that I thought the company had finally banished: "Remember, it's still Day 1!" Yuck! Some of us were trying to count how many people at Amazon had been there longer than their five-year point, and we could only come up with four or so, and that includes Bezos himself (we weren't including anyone who's already given notice). I'm sure there are more than that, but certainly not many.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home