Friday, January 18

Eddy: "Why am I so fat?"
Saffy: "Because you eat too much, you drink too much, and you smoke too much"
Eddy: "Oh darling, its far more likely to be an allergy to something!"

So, as my last gasp (as opposed to my Last Shout) in the world of DVD & Video, I got to interview Jennifer Saunders (I know, I know, most of you are thinking, who the heck is Jennifer Saunders). I was really eager to do it, because I adore her show--it was my number one TV editor's pick for last year and the new series is coming out soon. (Eddie: "Pats used to go out with Keith Moon." Pats: "Well sort of, I mean I woke up underneath him in a hotel bedroom once."). She was quite nice on the phone, although she was pretty mellow (I called her at 4 p.m. London time and she sounded vaguely like she had just woken up). Not nearly as vivacious as her charcter (not that I expected her to be), but not one "dahling" or "sweetie" in the bunch. And while she really does love champagne, it's just ginger ale in all those glasses on the set, except sometimes when it's a special occasion. Bought a house in the country--she misses the shopping in London. She's no Edina, but she's still my hero.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home