Friday, June 21

I-90 from Start to Finish
Butte, MT
611.3 miles
Four pits stops: two in Washington, one in Idaho, one in Montana

My butt hurts. Random thoughts from my 10 hours on the road:
Seattle was gorgeous as I left—crisp and clear with perfect views of Mt. Ranier and Mt. Baker. Of course, there was traffic at 10:20 a.m., but that’s Seattle for you. Before I left, I debated taking the gym parking sticker off my car. “What if I want to park near the gym when I’m back?” I think it I realized for the first time that the car wasn’t going to be back in Seattle, that I’m leaving it in Boston. Threw me for a minute.

Boredom set in at mile 208. Loud music and Diet Coke helped somewhat. The legal limit for alcohol is .08. Why is there no legal limit for caffeine?

There are no rest stops for the first 88 miles of I-90. There’s only one rest stop on I-90 in all of Idaho.

I couldn’t eat all day. I kept burping up chicken wings. My stomach didn’t hurt or anything, just the idea of food was rather nauseating. I passed a restaurant called Wingers. Didn’t strike me as the least bit amusing.

My windshield has become bug heaven.

Amusing game between me and the car: too hot, AC goes on. Too cold, AC goes off. Too hot, too cold. Not a damn thing in-between.

Ritzville… ain’t.

There’s a Martha Inn in George, Washington. I’m not sure why this amused me as much as it did.

Lost my phone signal and an hour in Montana. For some reason, was surprised by both.

Butte, Montana, fills up. Apparently, according to the clerk at the Best Western (because the Motel 8 had no vacancies) every idiot knows that, except for me. I got one of two rooms left at the Red Lion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home