Friday, June 28

So, I didn't get a number in the New York marathon, but I did get something even better... a house!! It's a darling four bedroom, two bathroom bungalow in an area called Arlington (it's about 9 miles from Boston and, as my father checked, 1.09 miles from the nearest Starbucks). It's got a huge backyard (although my mother says it's a nice size and it's all a matter of perspective. I think it's humongous), hardwood floors, a gas stove, and a front porch swing! The only thing I wanted that it didn't have is a fireplace, but given how great the place is, I'll live. I looked at some truly yucky expensive places. I saw this place on the first day and knew it would be perfect, but as Sue says, you can't fall in love with a property until you own it (which we don't yet, but soon!). As I said to Adam, I didn't just think, "Oh, this is the best house I've seen." I thought, "Wow, I love this house!" I'd love it just as much if it were in Seattle. I was worried about getting it because it's so darling and it just went on the market on Wednesday. Check out the pictures of the place at www.jennyandadam.com/house. And with the layout, all of you can come visit us and we won't feel cramped at all. I know Adam is nervous about this--he'll see if for the first time at the inspection on Wednesday at 1 p.m. (which will be rough for him, since he will be taking a red-eye in on Tuesday night and getting in on Wednesday morning. He'll be beat at the party we're going to Wednesday night). But I'm completely confident that he's going to love it. After all, he'll get his own office, he can build massive shelves for our DVD collection, and he can grill all he wants to.

Whew! So things are definitely looking up. The car at first couldn't be fixed and was going to have to be towed to the Toyota dealership. Then yesterday, they found the electrical problem. I should be able to pick it up today, although I'm sure it's going to cost an arm and a leg. But right now, I don't care. I can relax a little and begin to check out the town a little more stress-free. I've had some great meetings/conversations about jobs out here and my resume is making the rounds. Today, the tweedle twirp (who got into town last night and is entertaining Mom while I get stuff done at Kinko's) will check out the house and give her seal of approval.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home