Tuesday, September 10

Ivy League Isn't Better--Just More Expensive

Yeah, now I have my own link from a boring MBA site! Thanks, Martin (who linked to me from The MBA Experience, which is actually not boring since he's British and therefore says things such as "knackered" and spells "realized" with an s and has to take his finals in a glorified dress). So there, Adam!

And as long as we're on the subject of snooty, over-priced, pseudo-intellectual institutions (that would be HBS, not Martin's site), why am I so offended at the job posting sent to the Partners Group: "Ideal candidate is Ivy-league, very sharp and personable." Ivy League is a job requirement? What friggin' elitism! C'mon, everyone reading this knows some moron who made his way through an Ivy League school somehow. Whose parent, perhaps, bought him a place at the university? And how many brilliant non-Ivys do you know? It really, truly pisses me off. Of course, I don't need them, since I've got my own job to be going to (which I won't tell about until things are down on paper. No need to jinx it at this point!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home