Saturday, January 4

On My Nightstand and in the DVD

For a few years, just after grad school, I kept a log of all the books I'd read with just a sentence or two about them. When I went traveling, and I had to pare down what I carried with me, I stopped doing it (which is remarkably similar to my vegetarian ways: for five years no meat, but then when traveling, poof, I found I needed to pare down my restrictions and I started eating meat again). I've missed doing that, if for no other reason than I have a bad memory, and often I'll pick up a book and think, "Have I read that already?" To that end, I'm going to try again with a book--and movie--log. My self-imposed rules are 1) I can only include it if I read/watched it all the way through (none of those good-intentioned reads that I only make it halfway through) and 2) all movies and books make it no matter how embarrassing to me. I'm starting fresh with the new year--no back filling for me. There's a permanent link on the right nav if you're ever curious about what's entertaining me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home