Tuesday, February 25

Ostrich Mode

In my early twenties, I went through a phase where I swore off the New York Times, because I had been reading it daily, and it was simply depressing me. I find myself sinking back into the no-news phase. I used to wake up to NPR on my alarm, turn NPR on the radio as I got ready for work, and then listen to it on the way to and from work. A couple of weeks ago, I was waking up to it on my alarm and listening to it on my way to work. As of yesterday, I am waking up to it on my alarm. The news is just too much for me these days. Instead, I'm now listening, on my way to and fro work (did I use fro properly there? It's such a lovely word to just drop in), a compilation from HMV of hits from the '90s. Funny thing is, I hadn't realized that the '90s had their own music. I mean, there's definitely a '70s sound and certainly an '80s sound. But discounting grunge, what is the sound of the '90s? Whatever it is, these discs have it. The best part is I picked it up in London so it has all the songs I listened to when I was on a kibbutz that I never heard back home. Classics such as Shaggy's "Boombastic" and Babylon Zoo's "Spaceman." How did I live without this collection?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home