Thursday, May 29

It's All a Myth... Isn't It?

As I read lots of baby sites and baby blogs, one thing that strikes me is phrases such as, "I never would have thought that much pain was possible" or "I thought I was strong and could handle the pain of childbirth. I was wrong." To avoid panicking (which I'm frequently near), I've decided that the whole childbirth intense-primal-nothing-like-it-the-world-is-going-to-end pain is just a big lie that women perpetrate to get a little respect from otherwise lackluster mates (I'm not referring to my own here). That secretly it's simply a breeze and that all that moaning and groaning is just a show. And I'm happy to do my part and complain and complain as long as it doesn't really hurt too much. That's what they'll really teach us in our childbirth class, how to fake the pain, right? Right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home