Friday, May 9

Purge

But no binge. Doesn't that take away all the fun? No, no, not me. Actually, I stayed home from work today, because I have a nasty cold and when you can't take Nyquil (thanks, Brown Brown), the coughing won't stop for you to sleep (first person to tell me it's just preparation for having a baby gets kneed). But watching daytime TV makes my mind turn to mush, so I sat there with boxes of papers that have piled up over the years. I have three boxes just of photos, most of which are either duplicates or really blurry. Out those went. I have letters from people who I barely remember. Gone. Keeping them just makes me sad, remembering all those people I was close to that are no longer in my life. A couple of have passed away. Most have just drifted from my sight. Some of the names were jolts, people who haven't even crossed my mind in almost a decade. I feel this need, though, to pare down, to get all this stuff in order before the baby comes and I have a new pile of photos and papers to deal with. Ridding myself of these things--which I held onto just for the sake of holding onto--feels almost purifying. But not purifying enough to clear the phlegm from my chest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home