Wednesday, March 31

All Is Well in Doodleville

I don't have much to say about Doodles this week, because things have been going pretty smoothly. A quick trip to the doctor proved that nothing more than waxy ears was wrong with Doodles (they're so waxy, in fact, that we have to put drops in twice a day for ten days and go back to have the ears cleaned out; that's Adam's child!). The doc said that perhaps Doodles doesn't need as much sleep as we thought, and sure enough, we've been keeping him up a little later and he's been sleeping better (read: longer). I think there's some definite teething going on because there has been intermittent fussiness, and he's back to chewing on everything in sight. We have mostly easy days, but there have been a few monster days as well (sometimes the monster at the end of the entry is Doodles. If you haven't read the previous entries, that statement will mean nothing to you, but you'll understand by the end of today's blog).

Now, I promised I wouldn't call Doodles the you-know-what baby ever. However, I will say that on Monday we were at the annual HBS Dean's party for kids, and unsolicited, a guy came up to us (a first year volunteering to help out at the party) in this room filled with babies and kids, and gushed, "He is the cutest baby I have ever seen!" He went on and on about how wonderful Doodles is, and of course, Doodles was happy to comply and be happy and smiley and just gosh darn adorable. So, I no longer have to make proclamations of my child's beauty. Others will do it for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home