Wednesday, March 31

Cleanliness Is Next to Marthaness

I love cleaning supplies. In my fantasy world, we live in a clean home. There's no gunk on the stove hood, no dust bunnies beneath the sofa, no dried pureed peas on the dining room. The house would smell fresh and there would be no crunching sensation beneath my feet. So in my quest for this Martha-approved house, I buy cleaning products. I'm a sucker for cleaning products. I see the ads on TV, and I buy. Swiffer dusters? Got 'em. Clorox wipes? Check. Kitchen soaps, fabric refreshers, shower sprays, you name it. I can't wait to buy the new disposable toilet cleaners.

So the problem? The problem is they are all sitting unopened underneath our kitchen sink. I never, ever use them. I buy them, and they sit. Because the truth is, I love cleaning supplies, but I hate cleaning. Every single week I think, "Wow, I should really vacuum the carpet upstairs, because I know the dust and crap that gets in there is really bad for Doodles." And every single week, I think, "I'll have time to do it tomorrow." You know what? I have the time. I just have better ways to fill that time. If we didn't have house cleaners that came every other week, we'd be in a certified sty. Believe me, you don't want to be in our house at one week, six days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home