Wednesday, May 5

G-mail Evaluation

So far, I'm pretty impressed by Google's gmail. The conversation mode is terrific and the search function is amazingly fast and good. Yes, there are ads (not in the mails--in the mailbox) but they're very well targeted. I'm impressed at what good matches they are. There are some things that I'd like changed such as when a conversation changes subject, it would be nice if it was separated out from the original conversation. I'm still experimenting with the labels, so I'll let you know how that goes. The biggest problem is that I've had a Yahoo account for so long and switching is such a pain. But I think slowly but surely I'll be migrating things over. By the way, I can "invite" two friends to open gmail accounts. I already used one invitation, but if you want a gmail account, drop me a line.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm assuming you already got rid of your 2nd gmail invite? Just in case... I've been really excited about gmail, but I was disappointed when I logged in to Blogger and there was no invite. Pity me. Email me if you still have any invites -- disneydiz@myway.com

11:13 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Hi Cristen,
Unfortunately, this new comments feature deosn't give me your e-mail address, so I can't reply to you directly.

The gmail invites were really popular and gone within a couple of hours of my posting. When I have more available, I'll post again! Sorry!
Jenny

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home