Wednesday, November 24

Girly Boys

So, I guess I'm really not liberated at all. Stick an apron on me, knock me up, take away my shoes, and we're done. Because this is a real live actual conversation I had with my husband. No, I'm not proud of it.

Scene: Adam has just returned from the grocery store where he purchased a new straw sippy cup to replace the one we left at the Deluxe Diner.
Adam: Here's the cup.
Me: Oh, thanks. [pause] It's pink.
Adam: Yeah.
Me: Didn't they have any of the green ones left?
Adam: For the record, no. But I thought you didn't care about color. You know, gender stereotypes, blah blah blah.
Me: Yeah, no, of course I don't care. Pink is fine. [pause] So they really didn't have any boy colors left?

I hope I'm still allowed to keep my copy of Free To Be ... You And Me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home