Wednesday, March 9

La La La La

I had this really vivid dream the other day. It was my turn to perform on American Idol. As I got up before the judges, it occurred to me that I'm perhaps one of the worst singers ever. This is not an exaggeration. I can't keep a tune and I don't understand what all this talk of on or off key is. It all sounds the same to me. Then it occurred to me that I don't know the words to any songs. I stood up there, panicked, wondering what I was going to do. I racked my brain and before I knew it, I was singing "Baa Baa Black Sheep." Paula, Randy, and Simon and all the others in the room loved it and started clapping. Encouraged, I went on to sing my "ABCs." Everyone was cracking up and Simon said I definitely got points for originality and I could move on in the competition. I have no idea what all this means except I'm taking it as a hint that Doodles could stand to listen to a touch more Modest Mouse and a little less Wiggles when I'm around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home