Wednesday, April 27

What's Your Point?

After a hectic morning with Doodles, I took him with me to Whole Foods to shop for our Passover seder. I was happy, as he was quietly entertaining himself. As we were checking out, the bagger looked at Doodles and then looked at me and said, "Um, your child is eating his shoe." Sure enough, Doodles, as he's been wont to do lately, pulled off his shoe and had stuck it in his mouth. He'd chew a little and then take a nice lick of the bottom. "Yeah," I said, "he tends to do that." The bagger gave me this look--can't tell whether it was complete disapproval or horror--and it occurred to me that she expected me to do something about it. Um, I have a quiet child who isn't demanding "snacks! snacks!" or ordering "All done! All done!" Let him suck on his shoe all he wants. I don't comment on what you eat, after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home