Wednesday, March 30

And in the "Duh" Department...

Some folks e-mailed me that they were curious what Doodles's nutritionist had to say. [A recap for those who don't remember: Doodles eats only crunchy carbs with the occasional smooth yogurt or smooth baby food fruit. No real fruit, no veggies, no meat, no non-milk dairy, no soy, no nutin'!] Let me share the great wisdom she gave us. Let me save you the $100 (because our insurance doesn't cover nutritionists) and give you all her little secrets. Let me save you an hour of your life being grilled about your child's eating habits and skip right to what she had to say. Are you ready? This is a biggie:

"Sounds like your son is pretty hard core." Yes, folks, that's what she said as she shooed me out the door. Basically, she gave me two options. The first was to wait for a weekend (so Adam would be home too) and starve my little eating machine until he was willing to eat what we wanted him to eat. Way to not make eating a power struggle! The second option is to get him some "feeding therapy." Yup. It's a real thing. Food therapy. Oy. Anyway, after finding out that our insurance doesn't cover feeding therapy, either, we got in touch with our local Early Intervention, and we have an evaluation scheduled for Doodles in about a month.

What comes next? If we can't potty train him does he get Toilet Therapy? And what about me? Is there any I Need Five Quiet Minutes to Myself Therapy? How about for Adam? Is there I'm Addicted to my Computer Therapy? I see a lot of business opportunities out there for any of you budding entrepreneurs!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

I hate that Blogger doesn't give me your real e-mail address. I'd love to write you to commiserate and let you know what we're doing to "treat" him. He's actually making the teeniest, tiniest of progress.

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home