Wednesday, November 23

No Time to Talk Turkey

It's past my blogging time (is that like past my bedtime?) and I really have no business sitting at my computer. There's cranberry sauce to be made, onions to be carmelized (for the onion-buttermilk rolls), pumpkins to be pied, and assorted other things that need to be done for tomorrow's dinner. Sweetie is asleep in the mei tai, threatening to wake any second; my family's in the other room, insuring that Adam doesn't get any work done; and I'm so tired I can barely chop straight. So forgive today's lack of post and know that the people (all 13 of them, including wee ones) seated around our dinner table tomorrow night will appreciate that I cooked instead of blogged.

Oh, okay. Here's one quickie:

Doodles likes to look through magazines with me so we can talk about the pictures. We were going through Real Simple when I saw an ad for a Cuisanart griddle-type thingy. On the griddle were eggs and bacon.

Me: Do you know what that is?
Doodles: Um, yeah. Um... [silence]
Me: Those are eggs. Do you know what is next to the eggs?
Doodles: Um, yeah. Yeah. Um. Yeah. Um... [silence]
Me: That's bacon.
Doodles [with vehemence]: I love bacon!

Like my crunchy-carb-only son would even touch bacon, never mind taste it. Um, yeah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home