Wednesday, December 14

It's a Y Thang Part 2

Every so often I feel the need to remind Doodles that, well, what's his is his. Tonight while he was bathing, I brought it up again in a happy, nonthreatening way.

Me: Doodles, did you know that everyone has private parts?
Doodles: Yeah.
Me: Your p*enis and your tushie are your private parts.
Doodles takes a look down. Yep, there're still there
Me: It's okay for Mommy and Daddy to touch your private parts when we're cleaning you and it's okay during diaper changes, but no one else should touch your private parts except you.
Doodles pauses a moment. Then he responds.
Doodles: Why?
Adam, who has been washing Doodles, looks up at me with a grin.
Adam: Yes, why?
Me: Um, well, um, those are special parts. Special parts just for you!
Doodles: Why?
I think about this a few minutes and can't come up with any reasonable answer.
Me: Um, huh. Um, yeah. Um, why do you think they're special?
Doodles: [playing with his washcloth and splashing water] Rocket ship!

Seems as reasonable an answer as any I could have come up with!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly said...

Hey...just checking out all of my fellow blogging mommies sites! They are all great! I love the pics at the top of yours. Are they ones you took?

2:51 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Yep! That's Doodles's tush, in the flesh! :-)

10:54 PM  
Blogger Roni said...

Very cute. Ella & I had the start of a similar talk when she looked oddly at my bra. So far she knows that girls are special and that most girls have an extra tummy for babies.

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home