Wednesday, August 9

More Bodily Functions

And it's all about the bodily functions these days. This morning I gave Doodles a popsicle.

Doodles: Where's the popsicle?
Me: You ate it!
Doodles: Where is it now?
Me: It's inside you.
Doodles: Is it going to turn into poop?

Ah, poop. Doodles is still fascinated by it. Wants to see it. Wants to talk about it. Just doesn't want to acknowledge his own. Still hates having his diaper changed. Still refuses to poop on the potty. Although now, if you ask him about it, he says, "I'll poop on the potty when I go to preschool." A nice thought... but we've heard promises like this before. We'll see... My money is on Sweetie Pie being potty trained first.

And then there's my own bodily functions. In a cruel twist of fate, the closer I get to being able to feed Sweetie Pie whole milk, the less milk I can produce. Which means that in order to get the b*reast milk needed to get her through five more day care days, I need to pump twice as much. It's killing me. Theoretically I could give her milk this Friday, as the doc said 11 1/2 months. But that just doesn't it cut it with my O.C.D. tendencies, which insist that I make it a full year (kind of like when my training schedule says I need to run 10 miles, I'll run up and down the block to get there, because 9.96 just isn't the same), so Sweetie won't get cow's milk till August 26 (because she was born at 5:55 p.m., I'll need to wait till the next morning to get that full year in).

But the final countdown is on. In two weeks and two days, I'm packing up that pump FOREVER!! Moooooo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home