Wednesday, January 31

Odd Moments over the Weekend

At the party, a wedding was going on. At one point Doodles was in the hall playing, when suddenly he gets up suddenly and runs back toward me at high speed. He begins to shout, in utter panic, as she does indeed walk toward the restroom, "There's a bride! There's a bride!" Nice. Not even three and a half and the boy is already a complete commitmentphobe.

----

We got to spend a little time with my friend Tina and her daughter Elfin Girl. Elfin Girl is a yummy-looking petite child and I was quite nervous when we spent time with her because every time we got together, I swear Pie looked at Elfin Girl and thought, "Mmmm, breakfast!"

----

When talking with his father about an upcoming business trip, Doodles asked his Adam: Where are you going?
Adam: To London.
Doodles: Can I come?
Adam: When we strike it rich, you can come too.
Doodles: Good. California and London are my favorite countries.

---

I lived in fear of somehow running into my grandmother with Doodles. Doodles is not known for his ability to keep a secret and I had told him about the party. Just the weekend before was my father-in-laws birthday celebration. Adam took Doodles with him to buy the birthday present. It was a whole bunch of Omaha Steaks. When my FIL came in, Doodles yelled: We got you steaks!
FIL: What?
Doodles: We got you steaks!

Luckily, my FIL has no idea what the boy is talking about, although everyone else is cracking up. Adam had put the steaks in a box that our computer paper had come in. When FIL opened up the paper, he said: Oh, what is this?

Adam: Maybe it's paper!
Doodles: Maybe it's steak!

Luckily for us, we didn't see my grandmother until the party so the secret was safe.

---

One of our little potty training tricks was to have Doodles's bear--Boy Bear--potty train, too. There were times Doodles didn't want to use the potty, but Boy Bear had to go, so Doodles would go, too. So of course when Doodles began wearing underwear, Boy Bear began wearing underwear, too.

One morning in Miami, I was sleeping in and Doodles, Pie, and Adam were playing in the living room. Occasionally Doodles wants to change his underwear for no apparent reason, which we allow. This was one of those times.

Doodles: I want new underwear on.
Adam: We don't have any extra underwear we'll have to wait until Mommy gets up.
Doodles, grabbing Boy Bear: Hello!? Extra underwear!

Boy Bear, I'm sure happily, is back to his natural bottomless state.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home