Wednesday, January 24

Speed Blog

I'm having a completely and totally stressed-out week, so you guys are just getting bullet points today:

  • I missed a dentist appointment. I'm the most organized person around; I never miss appointments. But I was sitting here at my desk when the phone rang and the dentist said, "Where are you?" I forgot it. Plain and simple forgot it.
  • I've developed a full-blown addiction to Peppermint Patties. I go through like a pack a day. I start to shake when I can't get to them. It's getting a little out of control. I may need to find a support group.
  • The Pie has been sick. Missed Monday at day care and I probably shouldn't have sent her today but I have a freelance job due Friday. We're headed back home for my grandmother's surprise 90th birthday party, which means two flights in one weekend with the Screaming Pie. (Or maybe not! Did everyone see this story?) I have a skit to write for the party. And, oh, I just might run the Miami marathon for which I am really not 100% prepared (or I might run the 1/2 marathon for which I'm overprepared). The question: Can I run a marathon starting at 6:10 a.m. and still be on time for the party at 11:30 a.m.? I've decided to make a midrace decision (I'm pretty sure I can do that--just finish at the half instead of the full). A half marathon seems so, so, well, wussy! Do you think if I ask nicely they'd let me start the race an hour early?
  • Dare I speak it? Or write it, for that matter? Dare I utter these words? For over a week now, the Doodlebug has been in... underwear! It's involved way more conversation about poop than I could have imagined possible, but hey, if it works, it works!
  • Started ice skating lessons with the kids. Doodles loved it. Pretty sure he's the next Bobby Orr or Brian Boitano. Pie? Not so much. I'm pretty sure I've got the next Tonya Harding on my hands with that one.
  • How can I be out of Peppermint Patties? Oh, woe is me!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home