Wednesday, January 3

Doodle Speak

Preschooler conversation #1:
T. Rex: Hi.
Doodles: Hi.
T. Rex [holding up a purple matchbox car]: This is my car.
Doodles: Um, um, I have a truck! At home! It's purple. And has yellow on it. It's a truck. At home.
T. Rex: This is my car.

Preschooler conversation #2:
Doodles [pointing outside]: Do you know what this is called?
T. Rex: What?
Doodles: Do you know what this is called?
T. Rex: No.
Doodles: It's called balcony.
T. Rex: Bacony?
Doodles: No, balcony.
T. Rex: Bacony?
Doodles: No, balcony.

After a three-hour plane ride with much turbulence back home, we all made beelines for the bathrooms. Doodles, still feeling inspired by T. Rex, declares his need to go, so Adam takes him in with him. Doodles does manage to do his business and then had to wait for his father. I wasn't there, obviously, for the conversation, but it was reported back to me that Doodles had many questions, including: Why does your p*enis have so much pee in it? Daddy, why is this taking so long? Daddy, why are you still peeing?

Doodles: Can I go play at T. Rex's house?
Me: I wish you could. But T. Rex lives far, far away. It would take six hours just to fly there.
Doodles: Oh. Can I go to T. Rex's birthday party?
Me: Still six hours away. So no.

Back home, during a pizza dinner, apropos of absolutely nothing:
Doodles: I'm growing slowly!
Me: What?
Doodles: I'm growing slowly!
Adam: Yes, growing does take a long time.
Doodles: I'm growing too slowly!
Me: Sweetie, you're growing at just the right speed. It takes a long time to grow.
Doodles: No, I'm growing too slowly! Look at my body! [He points to his belly.]
Me: It's a lovely body.
Doodles: I'm growing down!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home