Wednesday, March 21

Stuck

I love my daughter more than I ever could have thought possible, but I have to say, I sometimes wonder about her. Let's just say she's not the sharpest crayon in the box. We have a Fisher Price Intelli-Table (with the "Intelli" part clearly optional). It's a cute toy for which you can remove the game table and replace the toy band with different bands. Which is great for a child like Doodles who was able to grasp this notion at an early age and who derived great fun simply changing the toy insert.

Not so for Pie. What Pie likes to do is climb upon the table. Which is risky, yes, but something I allow because, really, it's not so far to fall. Except that now she has a new trick, which is to remove the top part and then climb on top. Which means that no matter where in the house I am, I know exactly what she's up to by the high-pitched wails of "Stuck!! Stuck!! Stuuuuuuuuuuuck!! Mommmy! Stuck!"

Ah, my children. Adam and I have been dutifully putting money away for the college educations and arguing about where they should go (he wants his alma mater, Dartmouth; I want, oh, anywhere else). Looks like we might be able to use the money on a vacation home, as so far, doesn't appear that either child will make it to college.

2 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

If Carrie and Sweetie ever meet, they will have a LOT in common. Enough said?

2:52 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

There's always that retirement fund to save for...
:-)

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home