Wednesday, November 28

Nano Beckons

I have 2 days, 3 hours, 20 minutes, and 20, no 19, no 18, no 17 seconds left to write 4,553 words, which would be fine if I had even one--just one--child-free moment in daylight hours. I do not. And, in this month of November, I have: written two profiles, one book review, copyedited a 400-page novel, made my holiday cards (which is only a big deal if you've seen the holiday cards I make), hosted Thanksgiving, planned a Hanukkah party, completed my holiday shopping, and so far, written 45,447 words. So bite me if you don't understand while tonight's blog is paltry. I give you here a little randomness:

  • Does Steve ever think, "For God's sake, Blue, just f'ing tell me what you want instead of making me play stupid games every damn time!"
  • I made chili-topped baked potatoes. Adam sat down and said, "I'm really not hungry." Pie ate six slices of red pepper dipped in dressing. Doodles said, "All I'm having for dinner tonight is milk." Anyone else out there hungry for chili (homemade!) topped potatoes?
  • My daughter is the devil.
  • For Thanksgiving dinner Doodles ate one crescent roll, three crackers with peanut butter, and chocolate cake that was shaped like a turkey.
  • Overheard statement that I decided to not investigate: Adam, giving the kids a bath: "Doodles, don't do that. God made your p*enis just the right color."
  • And actual, true argument between my son and a friend that I had to referee tocoday: "Jenny? Doodles just said that my bathroom at home doesn't have a bathtub, but it does!"
  • Thanksgiving was nice, but things didn't really heat up till Pie, Doodles, and I found the Styx concert on PBS. Even though Doodles ordered me, "Don't sing!" I could help but hum along. Man, Paradise Theater is all an album should be!

Oh, damn! 2 days, 3 hours, 1 minute, and 14... no 13... no 12... no 11...
Gotta write!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Excuse me, but Pie, Doodles, and you did not find the Styx concert. *I* found the Styx concert. Adam flipped right past it to check the football scores. I had to alert him to the fact that a momentous entertainment opportunity beckoned.

12:35 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

You are absolutely right. However you did not have the strength of conviction to insist that everyone be subjected to watching it. But yes, you did find it, so thank you for that! Although now, once again, I'm singing, "I've got too much time on my hands, cha, too much time on my hands, cha, too much..." when really, I don't.

6:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jenny I just had to tell you how much I enjoyed your novel this month. I am sorry Nov is over and now I won't be able to read more. Until you publish right?

3:09 PM  
Blogger Jennifer S. Brown said...

You're very sweet, Alisa. I actually kind of like what I'm working on, although since I didn't get a lot of my ideas till halfway through, the whole thing needs an overhaul and an ending. :-) But it just might happen... And then who knows?

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home