Wednesday, March 12

Crack for Mommy

Pie's in a big girl bed. I really, really didn't want to do it, but she was starting to sling her leg over the side of her crib, and I feared for the splat.

Last Thursday morning, she was up at 3:47 a.m. Adam tried bringing her into our already overcrowded bed (Doodles had climbed in at about 11:30 p.m. and had a kickful night), but it was clear by 4:20 that she wasn't going back to sleep and by 4:40 that Doodles too was up for the day. I got up, but was absolutely miserable, so I left the kids to their father, went back to bed and finally fell back asleep shortly after 5:30. At 7:30, Adam wakes me up. I'm having a hard time getting out of bed, not made easier by my darling children.

Pie: Mommy! Read me! Read me Valentine and Cheerio book! Mommy, I have slippers! Mommy, where are your feet?
Doodles: Why do you have cracks in your eyes?
Adam [who is trying--and failing--to convince me to get out of bed]: What cracks?
Doodles: Those red cracks. In Mommy's eyes. Why does she have them?

Mommy looks haggard because you made her that way. Now let me go back to sleep!!!
Let's just say that after that comment, Adam had a hell of a time

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lioness said...

Yikes. DO you read AskMoxie? Usually botyh her and the commenters have really good advice.

4:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home