Friday, September 19

May the Force Be With Him

At tonight's Town Day festivities:

We're eating hot dogs on the lawn, listening to Ben Rudnick. Doodles becomes agitated in an happy way.
Doodles: Mom, mom! Mom, look!
Me: What? What?
D: Mom, it's E!
Me: A? Where?
D: No, not A. E! E!
Me: Who? Who is E?
D: Moooom! From my class [can you hear the duh in his voice there? because it's there]
M: Oh. Do you want to go say, "Hi?"
D: No!
M: Because if you want, you can go by yourself and say, "Hi."
D: No, Mom!
M: Did you want me to go with you to say, "Hi?"
D: No, thank you.
A few minutes later. Doodles is still staring at this kid.
Me: Are you sure you don't want me to go with you to say, "Hi"?
Doodles: Mom! When I say "No, thank you," I mean "No, thank you!"
Hmmm, where did he get that from.

Fast forward thirty minutes. Feeling guilty that I'm not going to let the kids stay up late enough to watch the fireworks, I buy them hideously overpriced, horrible for the environment plastic light sabers.

Wielding his red light saber, Doodles turns to me and says, "You know, I think I'll go say hi to E. now."

Long gone, buddy, long gone. But it's nice to know that Boys with Their Toys starts at age 5.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home