Sunday, September 14

Born Republican

That girl, that girl. Oy is she trying to prove to me that she's her father's daughter.

For his birthday, Doodles got Monopoly Jr. I have to say, it's a great intro to Monopoly and not a bad game at all. Doodles caught on quite quickly. Pie? Well, Pie likes to play by her own rules.

Me: Okay, Pie, you have to pay the bank $3.
Pie: $3?
Me: Yes.
Pie: I don't want to.
Me: But, Sweetie, that's how the game is played.
After a bit of cajoling...
Pie: Okay. But you have to give it back to me later, okay?

We're playing for a bit.
Me: Okay, Pie, you have to pay Doodles $4.
Pie: No.
Me: That's the way the game is played. You can give him one green and one white bill or you can give him two yellow bills.
Pie: No.
Me: Sweetie, these are the rules of the game. You have to give him two of the pieces of paper.
Pie, finally relenting: I'll give him one. But he has to give it back to me later.

The next day in the car, I was listening to NPR. NPR, for God's sakes! And my daughter? What does she pick up on? I hear a song emerging from the back seat, a lovely little tune with a simple set of words: "John McCain. John McCain. John McCain. John McCain. John McCain. John McCain. John McCain. John McCain. John McCain. John McCain." For an entire twenty minute car ride.

I guess I was wrong. Dartmouth, here she comes.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home