Saturday, August 23

Interview with a Five Year Old

Me: So what's today?
Doodles: Thursday?
Me: No, is there something special about today.
D: It's my birthday?
Me: Is it?
D: Yes.
Me: How old are you, three?
D: No. Five.
Me: That's pretty old.
D: What?
Me: How did you get to be five?
D: I got all through four.
Me: What's different about five than four.
D: I can do different things.
Me: Like what?
D: I can do almost anything I want to.
Me: Can you cross the street by yourself?
D: Only our street.
Me: Can you drive a car?
D: No.
Me: Can you get a job?
D: No.
Me: So what can you do?
D: I already told you.
Me: What.
D: I can do almost anything I want to do! I can go to Starbucks whenever I want to. I can ride my bike whenever I want to.
Me: Anything else you can do?
D: I cannot drive a car. I can play sports.
Me: You're so big now. Where did you come from?
D: Mommy's belly.
Me: What's your favorite thing to do these days.
D: I like to go ride my bike. I like swimming, hockey, and Legos.
Me: If you were a dinosaur, what kind of dinosaur would you be?
D: T Rex. Because he's my favorite dinosaur.
Me: As a big five year old, is there anything else you'd like to tell my readers?
D: I like reading a little bit.
Me: And grand pronouncements for the world?
D: What?
Me: Big statements?
D: The world is starting to get new people.
Me: Is that it?
D: Yeah.
Me: Happy Birthday, Doodles.
D: Thanks for saying this interview!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home