Friday, August 22

Balls, I Say!

We were invited to Ball Night at the kids former daycare. It's a fun night with food and lots of games. Unfortunately Doodles was sick. But the day started out looking like we could go, so we were chatting about it.

Me: We’re going to ball night.
Doodles: Yeah! I love ball night!
Pie: Cinderella went to a ball.
Me: Yes.
Pie: It’s like that?
Me: No, not quite like that.
Doodles: It’s games.
Pie: Oh. I like games, too.

About a half hour till we were to leave, Doodles spiked a fever. I plopped them in front of the TV and went to make dinner.

Me: What do you want for dinner?
Pie: Hot dogs at ball night!
Me: Sweetie, remember, we’re not going. Doodles's sick.
Pie: Well, you and I can go! Doodles can stay home.

Ah, empathy in action!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home